Friday, July 31, 2026

Want to hear music to my ear?

“Hammer, hammer, hammer, saw, saw, saw, big thump, big thump”. Doesn’t sound like music you would like? It is the music of the two main church restrooms being renovated this week. The space was stripped bare, now the workers are getting ready to put the tile in. Somebody say “Amen!”

By the way, I tripped over the bathroom tile Monday. I am fine, but it is safe to say “I got floored!” Let me give some Biblical Construction World advice: Don’t be in too big of a hurry, take one tile at a time. Remember, Rome was not tiled in a day! I tried—I really tried to ignore the tile jokes…but they kept resurfacing!

Back to School Supplies Giveaway. We still have a little over a week to donate to the community wide back to school give away. There are five church families, each setting a goal of 100 filled book bags. In addition, World Vision will be bringing two 18-wheeler trucks filled with household goods, diapers, food, clothes, personal care items, bed linens, etc. There will be an estimated 40,000 pounds of product given away.

We are looking for volunteers that can help in one of the areas: serving hotdogs, giving out book bags, using muscle to unload the pallets of household goods. Pray for this event that the Gospel will be clearly proclaimed, people would be and feel deeply loved, and volunteers would be abundant!

I saw a piece of tile leaning up against the wall. He could not walk very well…he had square feet!

Love you all,

Pastor Tom