Monday, May 21, 2012

GLAD TO BE HOME!



Janie and I enjoyed a week of vacation in the Smoky Mountains.  You may know that I am basically a “Disney kind of guy.”   I love me some mouse.  I have to tell you that the bears in the mountains have caught my attention.  I had one goal in mind for this vacation: to unplug and enjoy nature.  I did not want to go on any kind of ride, visit any kind of outlet, or be near anything that lit up and made unnatural noises.  So every day began with a good pot of coffee, relaxed quiet time, a hearty breakfast, and then a four hour hike somewhere to see a waterfall.  You can do that everyday, all day for as many days as you would like in the Smoky Mountains.  I did not know.  There are hundreds of trails…maybe thousands.  We accomplished the goal of just relaxing and unplugging.  The only thing I would think about on those mountain trails was if we had Janie recertified in CPR!

My thanks to our wonderful staff and many church members that picked up my responsibilities while I was gone.  I felt relaxed knowing you all had things under control. We are thankful for our staff and friends for graciously covering our bases.  We are looking forward to being back in the groove again.

We will be continuing our Sunday morning series through the Gospel of Mark.  I look forward to the verse by verse teaching through this powerful Word of God.  I look forward to seeing you Sunday, good Lord willing.

Pastor Tom