Monday, July 30, 2012

LIVING IN PLACE



There are times in our stages of life when we need extra help.  Sometimes the help is for us as we age, and sometimes it is for a loved one.  James Island Baptist is hosting a seminar called “Aging in Place” that addresses issues and answers many of the questions we have about “aging in place” or how to best help loved ones “age in place.”

Today my goal is just to alert you that the AGING IN PLACE SEMINAR is scheduled for THURSDAY, AUGUST 23.  It will include a free catered lunch, so it will be a “sign up” or RSVP event.  I have never been to one of these events, but my wife, Janie, has been to three of them. (She wants to make sure I learn how to age in place gracefully!)  She assures me that the kind of information we will receive is the kind of information families desperately need.

So how can you lose?  It is a free lunch, with experienced speakers from 4 or 5 different agencies, from 11:30-1:00 on Thursday, August 23.  I will be there, signed up, and ready to learn.  There will be representatives from Hospice, the Reverse Mortgage Companies, pre-need funeral information, veterans info, and others.

Really, I would not offer to host such an event if I did not see the need.  Many times I have watched families struggle with the need for information that this seminar will provide.  Today, I am encouraging you to put the date on your calendar, THURSDAY, AUGUST 23, 11:30-1:00.  We will give you more information as the day draws closer.

See you Sunday, good Lord willing,
Pastor Tom