Monday, April 1, 2013

THE DECISION IS MADE


THE DECISION IS MADE

Next year, we will plan to have two Easter Services!  This was one of the most enjoyable days of the year for me.  I concluded a series of messages I entitled “Broken Characters Around the Cross.”  My prayer was to show a picture of a Good and Beautiful God and what He did for us through His Son, our Lord Jesus.   I have seen our worship center packed before.  Usually, every Christmas Eve service is completely full.  This past Sunday was beyond standing room only.  The entire Hispanic congregation had to stand…there were no more seats.  We started the service with extra chairs and kept on bringing them in up to the very end of the service.  It was, without a doubt, the most people I have seen in the worship center in my 27 years!  Wow.

I am sure I cannot thank everyone who handle such a great situation, but let me try.  Thanks to the folks who hauled in and out the extra chairs.

Thanks to our nursery and children’s workers.  You guys are the best.  There is no way to handle the service as we do if we have to compete with “preschool praisers.”  You served the Body of Christ well.  I know the Children’s All Star Worship had a great time with our new staff pastor, Sean.

Thanks to Susan Warren and the greeter team…you had your work cut out for you on Sunday!  Whoohoohallalujah.  You guys were awesome.  Fred and the entire praise team and band did an outstanding job.  Back to back services, Good Friday and Easter.  Thank you for the extra work and preparation.  You led us to celebrate Christ and worship our Father.  And the baptism team members handle the 11 baptisms with grace…and quick mops.

It is a true joy to combine the 8:30, 11:00, Chinese, and  Hispanic services.  Next year, however, good Lord willing, you will have options of multiple services.
Now, full steam ahead!  See you Sunday, good Lord willing.
Pastor Tom