Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Connected?


This past summer I taught a series of messages from 1 John.  I called the series “Believe Right + Love Right = Live the Life God Intended.  In September, I am teaching a series called “Connections”.  It is a reminder, a re-casting of vision of why we exist as a church.  We exist to help join God in His mission.  We do that by helping Connect people to God through worship; to God’s people through fellowship; to God’s Word through discipleship; to God’s heart through service; and to God’s world through mission.

We are putting emphasis on getting people connected.  We believe the clear biblical directive is that God’s people are to live life in community, connected to God, each other and the world.  So let’s talk about getting connected to each other.  I meet every week with my small group of pastors.  We have been meeting together every Friday morning for 20 years.  Friday is not my day off.  It is just a day that includes my small group time with my pastor friends.  I also teach an adult Bible Study Class every week.  I don’t have to, I love to!  I deeply enjoy the groups I am doing life with.  One meets a deep personal need and the other meets a more social need.  Both provide a place where I can love and be loved, serve and be served, encourage and be encouraged.

This month, we are encouraging everyone to sign up to be a part of a “connection group”.  We have connection groups that meet on Sunday mornings (formerly called Sunday School Classes) and connection groups that meet during the week.  Some meet on campus and others meet off campus in homes.  Why not try a group and see if you find friends there you could so life with?

Starting in October, we will be doing a church wide study on “ Life’s Healing Choices”.  All connection groups are invited to join us during this helpful study.  This would be a great time to try a small group.  It is only 8 weeks.  By then you will know if this is the right fit or not.  There will be sign up tables in the hallways by the office with greeters there to help answer questions.  You can also call Susan Warren at the church office, 762-0244.  Let’s get connected and so life together.   Let’s Believe Right + Love Right  and then Live Life they way God intended…connected.

Pastor Tom