Wednesday, November 4, 2020

“Once in a Blue Moon”

Many of us were able to enjoy the beauty of the full moon on October 31. What a rare event: a full moon on Halloween and a “blue moon” on top of that! A blue moon, that is two full moons in the same month, happens once every 2.7 years or so. So, something happens once in a blue moon carries the meaning that it does not happen very often. I want to officially make that request about Covid 19. I have had my run in with Covid 19 and I hope it was a once in a blue moon kind of event!

Janie and I both thought we had a normal Charleston allergy reaction. When I put the Vicks Vapor Rub under my nose and could not smell it, I knew I had a problem. We tested the very next day. Janie and I tested positive for Covid 19/Corona Virus on Wednesday, October 21st. Symptoms may have started a 4 or 5 days earlier. We may have an idea of where we caught this virus, but we cannot know for sure. Our prayer was that we did not bless anyone else with it! We are thankful to have had relatively mild symptoms. We were interviewed by DHEC and sent a letter telling us how long we were to isolate and when we could rejoin the general population! Our quarantine was up on the 29th and we were able to attend our grandson’s football game on the 30th. We still wore our masks, practiced social distancing, sat in designated seats and talked to no one except our daughter and grandson.

Janie and I opted not to attend worship this past Sunday only because of the comfort level of others. Even though we were beyond the days required for quarantine, I felt others might be comforted if we waited another week. Good Lord willing I am planning to teach this Sunday at both worship services! We will finish up going through the Book of Malachi.

I will be in the office keeping limited hours this week just to make sure I am resting and recovering. I am hoping to be back at full throttle next week. I am so thankful for your prayers and love. Much appreciated. If you know of someone in the church family who has Covid 19, please let me know. I would like to reach out to them.

By the way: outstanding job on providing 250 bags of groceries to help the underserved. Janie and I came by Saturday night to drop off 20 bags that one of our friends provided! That is just one of the many, many things I love about our church family!

See you Sunday, good Lord willing,

Pastor Tom