Wednesday, January 5, 2022

BETTER TOGETHER


That really is the truth, when it comes to being followers of Christ, we really are better together. We have said so many times that there are over 40 “One Another’s” in the Bible. Love one another, pray for one another, admonish one another, etc, etc. You know what you cannot do alone? You can’t do the “one another’s”. We need each other and we are definitely better together.

Better Together will be our theme for the 2022. Let’s think about some of the ways we can be “Better Together”.

When it comes to Membership and Fellowship in the Family of God, we are surely better together. I like the old definition of fellowship…two fellows in a ship rowing in the same direction! I can row by myself, but it is easier to row with someone. Like it or not, you are my Forever Family. I chose to like it…even love it. You are a part of the Family of God with every other believer. Better Together.

Take a look at how Better Together is true in Maturity and Discipleship. For sure, we need each other. I can learn a lot of facts by myself. I can read and put more info into my brain. What I cannot do on my own is grow. It takes others to grow. We need some who will share their journey and we must have some that will allow us to share ours. Jesus had a small group of 12 that he met with on a regular basis. They did life together and the 12 were better for it. If you are not in a Connection Group, my guess is you are not growing. You can certainly be learning…but not growing.

Ministry and Serving are 100% better when we do it together. We all have people groups or causes that we are passionate about. Maybe you love working with children. You will, by necessity have to have someone helping you. Why, because we are better together. If you are serving..literally serving a meal, you will be better if someone is helping. It is more fun and more productive. By the way, whatever we are doing in the area of ministry and service, let’s make sure we are “training our replacement”.

Mission and outreach are dependent on the one another’s. We need to be praying for one another as well as helping one another. International Missionaries sometimes say “if you will hold the ropes, I will go”. They understood the assignment of doing this together.

Last, we Magnify His Name and Worship together. I know, I can and I do worship alone every day I have my Time Alone With God. I enjoy the solitude and lack of distraction. But I also love the thrill that I feel when I get together with God’s wonderful people. I love to praise him when I am by myself, but I love it more when I join you and we join them and together, we praise the LORD.

I am looking forward to a year of emphasizing “Better Together”. See you Sunday, good Lord willing.

Pastor Tom