Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Word from Pastor Sean



Special Guest Post from Pastor Sean, Pastor of Family Ministries at JIBC



A year ago I stepped into our Children’s worship service we call All Stars. It was fun, but lacked vision. It had energy, but lacked control. I spent the first few months tweaking the program. I had a vision for a children’s worship service that was truly a worship experience. All Stars would be a place where children were engaged with God’s word and worship. I am so pleased to say after a year that vision is accomplished. I sat in on the All Stars program last week and instead of video games and dodge ball, the students got a team building game, a great lesson on friendship and the children led in worship. Let me say that again…some of our kids are leading in worship. I have to admit I was a little overcome to see what God has put together. We have a great team. Martha Miller, Candy Oliver, Erin Wilkins, Marie Smith and Katyrina Russell. Each week they pour into these young children and watch them develop into the future of the church. I am writing this as I get ready to take 20 children to camp. This camp will immerse them in the gospel of Christ. They will come back changed and challenged. Awana begins in just a few weeks. Marie Smith and her Awana army lead this program for K4 - 5th grade that encourages children to memorize and apply scripture in their lives. We at JIBC believe in Reaching young people before we have to Rescue them. I am proud of our Children’s Ministry team and I ask that you join me in this great endeavor. How? 1) Pray…pray for our children and pray for our leaders. 2) Join…be an Awana volunteer, get on an All Stars rotation or volunteer for Celebration Station the children ministry of Celebrate Recovery that meets on Sunday nights. God is up to great things…let’s join him!



In His Grip



Sean