Tuesday, August 26, 2014

JIBC Happenings

STARTED WITH SUCCESS

This past Monday was the first day of the Weekday Preschool Ministry at JIBC.  If the only goal was to have people from Riverland Terrace walk onto our campus for the first time, it was a big success.  We met many young families that actually walk their children to our Weekday Ministry.  Shelley and her team have started off with success and blessing.  Let’s keep them in our prayers as they lead us to minister to these children and their families.  Susan Warren, her welcome team and the staff were present to welcome all the families to Sunday’s Open House and to their first day of preschool!  Way to go TEAM JIBC.  You represent well!

COFFEE WITH PASTOR TOM

This fall, on Wednesday evenings, I will be hosting a drop in called “Coffee with Pastor Tom”.  I am planning to be in my office, every Wednesday evening from 6:30-7:30, for casual drop-in conversations.  This is not a class that you sign up for and attend weekly.  That would be Marty’s class on Ephesians, Tom McConnell’s class on finance, Janie’s class First Place 4 Health or AWANA listeners.  My class will be more casual, no curriculum or study course.  Just good coffee or hot tea and me!  I only have 4 chairs, so, it will be limited to the first four…maybe five if I can borrow a chair. I am looking forward to spending some extended time just getting to know more of your story.  If no one shows up, I will still have coffee, tea and me!  Then it will be an hour of quiet meditation, LOL.

MARSHA CLINE IS IN TOWN

Many of you remember Marsha.  She lived with me and Janie for a short time while she helped us open the Transition House.  We were kind of stuck until Marsha came and took the lead in getting the ball rolling. She and her husband, Scott, are in town for the week.  We are hoping they will be able to be with us for at least one of our worship services.  We are continually grateful for her hard work in helping us start this much needed ministry.  To God be the glory!

See you Sunday, good Lord willing,

Pastor Tom