Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Casting Your Vote

I have heard a few people say they are not voting in this year’s presidential election. I think most of us wish we had stronger candidates on both sides. As the old saying goes, it is what it is. I do understand the frustration of voting for a candidate you may not like. The reality is you are voting, one way or the other, you are voting. You may exercise your right not to cast your vote for either presidential candidate. But you are voting. I did not vote for our current candidates in the primaries. But I will gladly, with enthusiasm and purpose vote for the candidate of my choosing in November. It is too important not to vote.

Here are some of the things I am voting for in November. I am voting for the president who will most likely be appointing the next 4 or 5 Supreme Court Justices. These are the people responsible for changing the historic view of marriage as being between one man and one woman. These are the people who said it is legal for the government to force you to purchase expensive, inadequate health care from failed companies the government has run out of business. This president will either increase or decrease our military readiness. I cannot vote for a president who will continually shrink our constitutional rights or appoint Supreme Court Justices who will not support the Constitution. I am not a member of the NRA and have never pulled a trigger on a firearm other than a pellet or BB gun. I plan for that to change before November just in case a president is elected who plans to limit or remove our second amendment rights. In this election I will be voting about Benghazi…for a candidate that will leave them behind to die for political purposes or go get them because they are Americans. I will be voting on immigration reform. It is almost unthinkable that we have to vote on laws that are already on the books. This presidential election I am voting to protect our borders. I want the fence built and I want to welcome anyone who wants to come to America legally and share our values. I would like us to try our best to limit the number of Muslim terrorists we welcome into our country. I cannot vote for a candidate who will continually strap our children and grandchildren with debt that will be the ruin of our country. We need a leader who can take a million dollar gift from his father and turn it into billions instead of a leader who can take billions and turn it into trillions of debt.

I am not hesitant or reluctant to cast my vote in this presidential election. I will vote with enthusiasm and purpose for the person and party that best represent the values I have. It is too important not to vote. You might not share my values or opinions; I hope you will share my desire to vote. Many people around the world do not have the privilege.

Pastor Tom