Wednesday, July 27, 2016

MANY THANKS

I am so very thankful for the dozen volunteers that helped paint the Transition House. We basically painted it 3 hours at a time…but thank you Jesus, it is almost completely finished. The week we are away at CentriKid Children’s Camp, we should have the last of the trim painted. I am, however, calling in the professionals to paint the ceilings. I thought we might get by without painting ceilings, but just as the rest of the house, many of the ceilings needed repairs as well as fresh paint. So again, thank you so very much for helping. Also, a big thanks to Pastor Sean and the Youth group for cleaning the Transition House yard. It was in desperate need of attention and the youth group and volunteers gave it the attention it needed. They made this a part of their Love God/Serve Charleston project. This week, we should have volunteers in staging the furniture to see what we have and what we still need. If all goes well, we should be open for residents by the end of August.
CHILDREN’S CAMP
By the time you read this article, we will be finishing up a week of Children’s Camp, CentriKid, at Gardner Web University. This is an outstanding camp and we have a great group of kids going. I have every expectation that these children will come back having great worship experiences, learning great Bible stories and having had the time of their lives at a camp. I know that some of the first time campers will be anxious. I share that feeling with them. For the first time in over 7 years, my grandson, Noah will not be a camper. He aged out! How did that happen? The good news there, I have a host of grandkids coming behind him that will keep me busy at camp for the next decade!

Keep us in your prayers, see you Sunday, good Lord willing.

Pastor Tom