Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Daring Faith Devotional

I really want to encourage everyone to get a copy of JIBC’s new Daring Faith Devotional. It is a 33 day devotional by our church family about our church family. These are your friends and fellow church members sharing from their hearts about what they sense God doing at JIBC. They are available and we want everyone to have one. Let us know if you cannot come out to get one, and we will arrange to have it delivered to you!

I had the privilege of taking my copy with me on vacation. So every day I planned to have my Bible reading and prayer time and planned to include one day of the devotion. I could not just stop at one day. I found myself reading several days at a time. When I finished reading all 33 last Saturday, I found myself wishing we had even more of our members writing and sharing their thoughts.

Here was my original goal and thoughts. This July 9th, JIBC celebrates our 70th year anniversary.

In a day when so many churches are dying or are in decline, I celebrate what God is doing at JIBC. We are a healthy outward focused church family. We are a friendly group of believers who are welcoming and loving, especially to those wounded by life. Our worship is strong and our ministries are many. Financially we are blessed. We see dozens of new believers come to know the Lord and follow Him in baptism each year. We send out members to several foreign countries each year. I wanted us to begin the celebration with daily giving thanks for what God has done. I wanted us to give Him the glory, thanks and praise. I thought it would be a good warm-up for an anniversary celebration.

On July 9, we are going to have a special day of celebration. We will meet for Sunday Connection Groups just as we always do and then meet for worship at 11. We are planning for an abbreviated worship time to be followed by a church-wide lunch at the Charleston County Park here on James Island. We have the air conditioned Edisto Hall reserved. The rest…well details to follow.

Love you all,

Pastor Tom