Thursday, July 1, 2021

TAKING A MOMENT TO SAY THANKS

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”   1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

It is a good thing to give thanks, to say thank you and to be thankful. All three of these are in my heart after a full week of Vacation Bible School. I want to give thanks and to say thanks. Our Father in heaven blessed us with His presence as we prayed for VBS, as we prepared for the week and as we loved on the children for the week. To God be the glory. He blessed us with volunteers, with kids, with engaging Bible Study, fun recreation, some of the best songs ever, praise and worship and delicious food each night. In my mind and heart, these are blessings from God and for them we give thanks.

I also want to thank the volunteers. All of them working a full day and then coming to serve Him for four hours every evening. Smiles on their faces and good attitudes were a blessing to so many. I do not take for granted that you gave of yourselves, your energy and your talents to love His children. Thank you.

I would unintentionally leave someone or some group out if I tried to thank them individually. So allow me to send out a group hug and a sincere thank you for your service. You really do make a difference.

I am thankful for our leaders using their giftedness to lead, to improvise on the fly and still hit the bulls-eye night after night. Well done!

Vacation Bible School is an age old tradition that has evolved through the years. At the center of it all you have adults and students teaching the Gospel story to children. We will be praying for all the seeds that were planted this week. If the Lord allows, I suspect we will see the harvest in the months and years to come.

Hope we will see you this Sunday, July 4th!

Pastor Tom