Thursday, February 17, 2022

What is your Love Language?

Gary Chapman’s book, The Five Love Languages, has been around for a long, long time. It is a classic for a reason…it is good, really good! The idea is that each of us has a primary love language that we speak. I don’t mean like French or Spanish. The Five Love languages are: Words of Affirmation; Quality Time; Receiving Gifts; Acts of Service; and Physical Touch. There is an old saying that “knowledge is power”. In this case, I agree. Knowing and understanding your love language, the love language of your spouse, children or the people around you gives you…well, power. You have the power to better understand others and the power to bless them by speaking a language they understand.

I don’t want to imply the book is magical in any way. I do want to imply it is extremely helpful. When I meet with couples wanting to get married, this book is always one that I recommend. There are two principles in this book that could change good marriages into better marriages. That by itself is worth the time and effort it takes to attend the class.

We have 22 signed up for this class so far. There is room for about 8 more. We will meet on Sunday evenings. You can join us for the optional fellowship meal at 5:30; Worship from 6:30 to 7:00 in the Worship Center; and the Love Language class from 7:00 to 7:45. We are scheduled to meet in the Genesis Class room, in the back of the Fellowship Hall. Child care is provided.

By the way, if you have already taken the Five Love Languages seminar, I would like to ask a favor. If you know your love language and see ways that you use it on a regular basis, would you let me know? I would love to have a few “real life” examples of how this has helped you. Nothing fancy or formal; just a brief one or two minute story. (Email me at tombrown41@comcast.net or text me at 843.729.9798)

I am looking forward to this class. Maybe we will be able to offer it on a Wednesday Night for those who cannot make a Sunday Night. Blessings to you!

Pastor Tom