Wednesday, April 13, 2022

RISEN!


RISEN! The one word that described the one event that changed the world. The one word that fulfilled biblical prophecy and fulfilled God’s plan to reach, redeem and restore a lost and broken world. The one word that describes conquering death and the grave, providing life abundant and life eternal. Risen! He is risen…He is risen indeed.

The name of our April teaching series is RISEN! It is the story of Holy Week beginning with Palm Sunday, reflecting on Good Friday and celebrating on Resurrection Sunday! If Christ is not risen, then our hope is in vain. The old hymn helps us put our emotions into words: “I serve a risen Savior, He’s in the world today, I know that He is living, whatever men may say, I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer, and just the time I need Him He is always near. He lives, he lives, Christ Jesus lives today, He walks with me and He talks with me along life’s narrow ways. He lives, he lives salvation to impart. You ask me how I know He lives…He lives within my heart!” Amen and Hallelujah.

FLOWERING THE CROSS: This Sunday I hope you will plan to join us for our Easter Sunday worship experiences. We have two services, one at 9:00 and one at 11:00. We will be “flowering the cross”, so please feel free to bring flowers from your yard, or your neighbors, to put on the cross. My azaleas are just about all gone but my roses are making up for them! For those who are new to JIBC, we have a special cross made to hold flowers. The old rugged cross is transformed to a beautiful display reminding us of the new and beautiful life given to us by our Lord Jesus Christ.

Remember that Christmas and Easter are two Sundays when our unchurched family and friends are likely to attend. They are twice as likely to attend if we invite them to be our guest and to join us for lunch afterwards. Oh what a glorious day!

See you Sunday, good Lord willing,

Pastor Tom