Monday, January 23, 2012

“DRIVERS, START YOUR ENGINES!”


Those are exciting words if you are a Nascar fan.  It means the race is about to start, get in your seat, put your head set on, and get ready to enjoy the race.

If I could paraphrase those famous words just a little:  “FOLLOWERS OF JESUS, IGNITE YOUR FAITH, FIRE UP YOUR PRAYERS, AND START YOUR SPIRITUAL ENGINES!”  We are just two weeks from kicking off several outstanding ministries here at JIBC.

First, the 40 Days in the Word of God.  Here the words of our Lord: “If you abide in my Word you are really my disciples.”  John 8:31.  The prayer for this 40 Day spiritual journey is to lead our family to abide, more deeply abide, begin to abide, or continue to abide in the precious Word of God.  Wherever you are in your spiritual journey, my prayer is you will greatly benefit from this 7 week time of fellowship and discipleship.  I pray we will learn to love the Bible as we have never loved it before, to learn the Bible as we have never learned it before, and to live the Bible as we have never lived it before.

I am so personally committed to this; I will be leading two groups.  Janie and I will be leading a Tuesday night group at our home.  I will also be leading an open group on Wednesday nights at the JIBC campus.  This Wednesday night group is open to anyone who is not in another group, maybe missed a time with their group, or their Sunday Bible Study class, for some reason, is not joining us for the 40 Days in the Word.

This is going to be good.  Your spiritual life can be stronger, your Bible Study class or small group will be better equipped, your knowledge of the Bible can soar.  Best of all, you will no doubt come to know our Father and His love even better and that will lead you to love Him even more passionately.
Any of the staff will help you find a group or figure it out.  Just ask Dave, Brent, Neale, Jess or myself. We will help you get connected.

See you Sunday, good Lord willing.
Pastor Tom