Friday, February 8, 2019

NOT TOO LATE TO TAKE IT OFF YOUR CALENDAR



Two weeks ago I wrote that I was happily and anxiously looking forward to the visit from our prospective Associate Pastor. If you put that date on your calendar, I hope you put it in pencil. Pastor Terry Candler emailed me last week to say he was declining the offer to come and visit JIBC. After much prayer and discussion Terry and his wife decided to stay in Washington. His daughter is graduating from High School decided she wanted to stay in Washington. There oldest daughter is in college in the area and did not want to move. They did not want to leave both of their daughters on the other side of the country. While I fully understand his decision, I am temporarily so disappointed. I still feel he would have been a great guy to have as a ministry and mission partner. Because we believe Romans 8:28 we believe God had this all worked out from the beginning. Knowing how God has used JIBC to minister to people in the past, perhaps that was somehow a part of our assignment to Terry and his family. I could be happy believing God trusted JIBC to bless someone’s life and ministry that we would never know. It could have been a part of the process to get us better prepared for the next person. We pray for Terry and his family and the wonderful work being accomplished at Emmanuel Baptist in Pullman, Washington. It was my pleasure to meet and know him. So we begin again the search for an associate to be a part of the JIBC ministry.


THE WORD ON THE STREET 

I know it seems like forever, but we really are making progress toward the new entrance and the elevator. The cement is poured and if all goes well, framing should start sometime this week. As we make progress, we will keep you informed! Now, since we have some time, let me invite you to be creative for a moment. Start thinking with me about who will be the first members to take the ride. Why would they be the first? Second, if we named the elevator,

what would the name be? Right now I am just curious as to your thoughts. As we get closer, we may attach a prize to this little contest. Until then, blessings to you all.



Pastor Tom